Food and Fun

Find out what I am cooking, where I am eating and what experiences Damien and I are having in the US, Japan and now Australia!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Sunday, January 07, 2007

What are we thinking??????

I thought I would send a few links to show how far the USA is slipping. I don't mean to be America bashing but I was inspired to send these because of the comments I hear from friends and familly about how we have the "best healthcare in the world", "the best quality of life", "the highest life expectancy" and "the most freedoms". We don't and the faster people in this country open up their eyes to what is really going on here and in the rest of the world we will end up being a county full of people who blindly believe that we are "the envy of the rest of the world" where in reality we are a third world country full of nothing but violence and fat people who are mal-nourished and dying of degenerative disease at alarming rates with no access to heath care. I wish we would see what is happening instead of just spouting off facts that might have been true 50 years ago but are certainly not the case now.

Here are three links everyone should see:
Life Expectancy Around the World

Quality of City Life Around the World


The World's Best Country

Here is the link to an article that spells it out pretty clearly:
Economic Equality is Best Medicine

And here is an article written a couple of weeks after 9-11 that shows the attitude that makes me embarrassed to be from the "Good Old US of A":
America, The Quality

1 Comments:

Blogger iwashi20 said...

Hi!
thank you for imformative link!

masa

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home